Why Support RAF?
One of the most important services organized real estate provides is representation in the halls of government. REALTOR® Action Fund (RAF) raises money to advance the goals of our REALTOR® political action committees (PACs) at the local, state, and federal levels of government. RAF supports and/or opposes candidates for elected office who understand, or don’t understand, REALTOR® Issues.
Your participation in CAR’s Realtor Action Fund strengthens your business. Economic analysis shows that CAR lobbying and legislative activities saved agents on average $7660 and firms, $9727 last year.
- AVOIDED: $225 Per-Transaction Recording Fee (Transfer Tax): C.A.R. stands ready to fight any future proposals!
- AVOIDED: 3% independent contractor withholding: 3 times within the last 5 years the legislature has proposed an acceleration of income tax payment in the form of 3% withholding.
- AVOIDED: Service Tax: Sales tax on services including ALL real estate related services.
- GSE & MORTGAGE REFORM: This could significantly increase down payment requirements, limit the amount of mortgage money available, and raise interest rates!
- POINT-OF-SALE: Point-of-sale mandates are always a threat… stayed tuned!
- INCREASED RECORDING FEES: This will return as the state struggles to find revenues to replace expended one time housing bond monies with an ongoing revenue stream.
THE UGLY: What will your business look like if these threats become a reality?